Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ed Bradley RIP

I had no idea Ed Bradley lived in Woody Creek, Colorado and hung with Hunter Thompson. I suppose when you're successful enough to have digs in NY and a successful high paying gig like 60 Minutes, the other comes with that lofty territory. I only know I liked his reportage. I remember thinking the earring was inevitable, but since I have nothing to prove in the jewelry department and find it an unnecessary accoutrement I didn't consider it anything of value. I would think for him it was a cultural statement frankly. Still, he was the first black to enter this territory so to the pioneer goes the spoils. He earned it in ways no one can now. Time is like that. Moments that never can be repeated or regained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]