Thursday, February 11, 2021

Wintering Covid-19 Pandemic in Maine

I've been in Maine since mid-October and already have managed to work in the Carpenter's Local #349 out of Portland on a trim/finish punch list job on $500K condos in the Old Port. I've been single now for two years and the relationship ended badly with hard feelings on both sides as hard as I tried not to have that happen. Shit happens.

I worked until Christmas but at Thanksgiving break I came down with shingles and it was and has been brutal. I was out six days while on the anti-viral and then went back until Christmas break and then the myalgia kicked in and I was out of it with pain. After a couple of weeks the supervisor texted an offer of layoff so I could get UI benefits and I accepted. So for a month and a half I've been healing slowly and it's close to being over. The rash that came back twice is dying off and should be gone soon but a snowy winter and cold almost like the old days makes even working inside and commuting a shot way into the city unbearably hard. There was at least one Covid breakout at the job so I escaped that and so I'm not in any hurry to try it again. The claim won't go through as UI laws and the Covid CARES Act monies of last spring are much harder to qualify for now. Whatever. I'm retired anyway.

The collision in Idaho is a now a lawsuit brought by me so I'm fighting the same insurance company who denied my claim against their client who was at fault. My evidence is unassailable on any objective legal grounds and I've given the court and defendant's counsel their requested documentation. If I can get the judge to review both parties' evidence I should win. We shall see after the next Zoom hearing later this month. I don't want a jury trial. That's just overkill for this sort of thing I believe the judge feels the same way. 

In current events, I continue to have problems with Facebook commentary and now I'm banned from posting for 30 days for quoting the Kill Mike Pence chant from the television clips of the insurrection at the Capitol. They punish the wrong people. I quoted this to a supporter on a friend's thread who was against impeachment for this crime. I've appealed to the FaceBook high court. We live in strange times that are long beyond interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]