Thursday, January 07, 2010

Wrong Way Weathermen

"But in fact, the basic question of whether rising greenhouse gas emissions will lead to climate change hinges on mostly simple, and predictable, matters of physics. The short-term variations that throw the weathercasters’ forecasts out of whack barely register at all."

That's about it, and why the local weathercasters, who mostly lack the graduate education required in climatology, can't grasp the long term effects of a well-tested theory, in place since the mid-19th Century and tested in a lab. They skipped that class.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Aleeyah TV said...

Hello, nice to find your blog. Thanks for your entry on weathermen. I have never really listened to them myself. Mostly the birds, animals, feelings in the air, you know, those kinds of listenings are what I do. On another note: I purchased your "Alaska Tales" 2002 this Dec. 2009 and read it. I found it to be a fun read since I too lived in AK at one time. Thanks. I also asked you to be a facebook friend the other day. Hope to hear from you.
Meshel Shoshonah Kaliski

1:41 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks Meshel. Alaska is quite a place.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]