Monday, May 02, 2005

Behind the Veil

"As long as the issue is hashed out only in the invisible realm of fisheries bureaucracies, there will be little progress, environmental experts and industry representative agreed." Andrew Revkin writes in the NY Times.

I operate behind the scenes in this invisible realm which is why I have a hard time selling my books I suspect. This story concerns bluefin tuna, but overharvesting anything has to be exposed and usually can't be justified by the science. In fact the science is ignored. As scientists we must be certain of the message, and beat back the opposition with facts. The future of our resources and ultimately, us, depends on it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I operate behind the scenes in this invisible realm which is why I have a hard time selling my books I suspect.

do you think so? or maybe it's because you sound like a crackpot environut?

jk, you set that one up. all in good fun. =)

2:21 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

To you maybe. The facts are all but invisible behind the veil of fog spread by nutbag wingnuts like you. You'll lose and I'll see to it.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have quite a talent for sounding diabolical, with your "veil of fog" and threatening to defeat me.

I'm confused on that last part tho, are we going to arm-wrestle or something? 'cause I'll turn this damn baseball cap around.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

You're obviously someone that won't be helpful in correcting the world's ills especially on the environment. I am and will do so inspite of you not with you. So will John Kerry. Frankly you're obsolete and unecessary. Enjoy the free ride.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]