Friday, April 22, 2005

Earth Day

Well it's Earth Day and here we are fighting over oil. I'm not in favor of sacrificing the 1002 for six billion hard to get barrels of oil in questionable geological conditions not found elswhere on the north slope. I'm tired of arguing over Caribou when the science is clearly on my side, but this is the nature of misinformation and PR deceptive industry claims. Supporters are simply being duped into thinking we have equal supplies of crude oil on this continent. We just don't so when you know the rope is too short, don't take the leap in the dark as Tim Cahill noted in an essay about mountain exploration. In this case we aren't in the dark. Some of us can see clearly the path before us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, science is on your side regarding the 1002 Area. My guess is that what we've got to figure out is how a random coalition of bloggers is going to advance the issue.

The good news is that a lot of people are motivated about the prospect of drilling in the Arctic Reserve. The bad news is that we need to figure out things like putting ads together and making this a focus issue, like Josh Marshall has done with Social Security.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Sure. Feel free to contribute any plan of how to do that. Moneymaking and I are distant acquaintances. Hell, I can't even get anyone to read my story from ANWR as an insider biologist. I'm open to suggestions.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]