Friday, June 30, 2006

Winger "Science"

Funny how the best science we have is unanimous on global warming yet elected officials refuse to believe it. It is a sad statement on what constitutes reality when ideology is at the helm. These people should be run from office.
Mark,

I appreciate your letter regarding Assembly Bill 32 (Pavley), which
expands the responsibilities of the California Climate Action Registry
by requiring certain regulations of greenhouse gas emissions.

This bill is one of several being pushed through the Legislature that
advocate a theory that humans are perpetuating catastrophic global
warming. This theory is based on faulty and incomplete science, and
given the potentially devastating economic impact of such proposals,
policymakers must be confident that sufficient scientific evidence
exists to support the underlying premise of global warming.

Our planet is subject to natural, periodic shifts in climate. In fact,
we have seen three distinct periods of atmospheric climate change just
in the last century: warming in the early 1900's, cooling in the
mid-1900's, and warming toward the end of the century. And remember,
only three decades ago a TIME magazine cover story warned of apocalyptic
consequences as a result of the earth's cooling trend, which gave rise
to congressional hearings warning of an "Ice Age."

While AB 32 is relatively modest, it is still based on the same alarmist
rhetoric and incomplete science, and I find it difficult to support such
a measure.

Sincerely,

George Runner

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

As your resident wingnut reader, I assure you that I find your environmental concerns to be pretty much on-point.

All I ask is that you sign the following pledge against hypocricy:

I, Mark York, commit that the environment of planet Earth is among my paramount concerns. To this end, I swear upon the well-being of my bleeding liberal heart that I will never, never, never complain about any POTUS or politicians responsibility for the state of the economy, as cheap, dirty fossil fuels are currently essential to a successful economy.

I, Mark York, acknowledge that the success of the current U.S. economy is deeply tied the availability of cheap, dirty, fossil fuels. My enviromental concerns supercede any concerns about the employment rate or national debt.

Signed

__________________________


There you go, Dude. I admire your passion. Just don't be a douchebag hypocrite. There's a price to be paid for your convictions. If you are willing to pay it, you have my respect.

Now, if we can get widespread distribution of a clean, cheap, alternative fuel, then you can bitch about the environment and the economy at the same time.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Son I'm no hypocrite. This issue is real and corporate foot-dragging will send us over the tipping point of no return. I'll complain about whomever I damn well please. As for national debt, your guy did more for that than any other in history. You'll get to spend your long life paying for it. Get busy.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]