Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lying to be a Best-Seller

"While the dealers get together and decide who gets the breaks" In the Gallery Dire Straits

I have always been suspicious of A Million Little Pieces but on the face of it as another self-destruction memoir. Yet when submitting a truthful one as I have about doing good work for conservation ever the Eagle Scout, albeit far from pure, the story is widely rejected. Lying pays.

"In what may be his book's most crass flight from reality," reports The Smoking Gun,"Frey remarkably appropriates and manipulates details of the incident so he can falsely portray himself as the tragedy's third victim. It's a cynical and offensive ploy that has left one of the victims' parents bewildered. "As far as I know, he had nothing to do with the accident," said the mother of one of the dead girls. "I figured he was taking license...he's a writer, you know, they don't tell everything that's factual and true."

Yeah they do in fiction, not memoir. My heroics are my own, not made up. They happened. The only thing I'm certain Frey did was get chronically loaded. He dreamed it. We're all heroes in our dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]