Saturday, August 28, 2004

Combat V

There is a cabal of misinformationists going on in this smear-fest so it's successful in that repect. The last one I read in the Chicago Sun-Times says that Kerry's silver star had a combat V designation, but none were given out on silver stars. Well, they did for bronze stars which he also has so why not the silver star?

As Donald Groz's widow says here:
"I had quite a morning... Admiral [Elmo] Zumwalt, Commander Naval Forces Vietnam, flew to An Thoi from Saigon ... for a special awards presentation. To make a somewhat long story short, PCF's 23, 94 and 43 conducted an operation February 28th which we pulled off rather spectacularly. Anyway, for my part, I was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with Combat 'V.' I don't mean to blow my own horn, but I really am pleased with the award, and it is a rather significant medal. I'll bring the citation with me to Hawaii."

It seems someone somwhere, I know not where, lists Kerry's Silver Star with this "V" designation. That would be redundant as only valor in combat warrants this medal. The Bronze Star which he also has uses it to differentiate between combat and other service recognition that are covered by that medal. Big deal. That doesn't invalidate the award as claimed by the swift-liars brigade.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

No, it doesn't take one to know one. A non-liar can spot a liar quite easily. They stick out like a totem pole.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]