Friday, August 03, 2007

Al They All Came Tumbling Down

Bridges that is. All the hype about a handful of terrorists and how they can wreck the country at any moment, is the least likely thing to happen after that last major stunt. It was a freak success, albeit a big one, that has launched us into an oblivion of foreign and military deficit spending.

The real threat is government incompetence right here at home. You can't tell me a federal inspector couldn't have seen this Minnesota collapse coming. I mean really. They flagged the thing but apparently it needed a more stringint rating. Like condemned. If the engineers made as much effort as the State of California Agriculture Dept. does over my beetle traps no bolt would go unexamined, but then I'm not involved so...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Woody said...

Interstate highway maintenance is a responsibility of the state. The program was funded 90% federal and 10% state with the provision that the states would be responsible for maintenance.

Anyway, this bridge was labeled a problem since 1990, and Bill Clinton would have checked it and the other 200,000 bridges if they really needed it.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Woody said...

After I post to your site, it automatically takes me to an ad for matching people with admirers. Had any luck with it yet?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Yes I have. I'm engaged.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Woody said...

Congratulations! Tell us the date and a little about your bride-to-be. Does she believe in global warming?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Why yes she does. Anyone with a brain does. Of course science isn't about belief Woody. It's about facts. That's the problem your folks have: you reject facts you don't like and get us into wars that break the bank. How's that stock market lookin' to ya? Little foreign debt scarecrow?

My fiancee is extremely competent and successful. And actually has a republican past, but no longer, and not for sometime. Smart gal!

No date yet, but it's a done deal. I'm very happy and done with the insults from fringe bloggers, and even mainstream left ones like Cooper. It's a shame really. I like Marc Cooper and agree with him, but he was intimidated by my argumentation with the nutballs he attracts. Whatever. Tell Roper he's still a bitter old man. All conservatives are. Old news.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Woody said...

Well, I'm really happy for you. I understand what you mean about the way that people respond and that the exchanges are generally a waste of time. That shows that you're getting smarter. Best wishes.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]