Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Flags of Our Dads

Are ours as well of course. Unfortunately only one screenwriter gets the top work in Hollywood and that's a foreigner by the name of Haggis, which is also a Scottish sheep-based delicacy in some circles. How do these cartoon purveyors not only get Eastwood films but win Oscars with them? Beats me. Once you get work, you get more. This film is really the James Bradley story: I'm related to a famous photo. So be it. The cause is noble, and the "boys done good," but this presentation strikes me as overly hyperbolic on every level. Still, I haven't seen it so...

I can only shudder to think of what they would do with mine of the Hurtgen Forest, but hopefully I'll have the chance. As a precaution against Haggisization, I'll write the script myself. I don't want any self-help circles going on in the ruins of Grosshau, Germany in my film.

"If only we could seek to understand the gay medic's motivation?" Col. Lanham said to Hemingway over whiskies in the trailer in the snow. How about staying alive like anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Environmental Webring
The Environmental Webring
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]